There are five broad stages to the planning process.
Preparing the Environmental Statement: Completed
Making a Planning Application and Consultation: Submitted 31st May 2017
Decision-making: To be confirmed
Having made significant progress since 2014, we are currently at stage five with our planning having been submitted in May 2017. If the timescales are adhered to, we anticipate determination on planning in early 2018.
What does the immediate future hold?
- Continued events and updates to keep all stakeholders – local people, community groups, council members etc – aware of the progress, recommendations and decisions
- Inspections of the Sandwith Anhydrite mine workings
- Continuation of detailed design including a Definitive Feasibility Study
- Offshore exploration programme
- Ongoing market studies and working with coal buyers
- Planning permission & environmental permit results