There are five broad stages to the planning process.
Preparing the Environmental Statement: March-December 2016
Making a Planning Application and Consultation: January-April 2017
Having made significant progress since 2014, we are currently at stage 3 and are preparing the Environmental Statement. If the timescales are adhered to, we aim to have approval to progress in mid 2017.
What does the immediate future hold?
- Continued events and updates to keep all stakeholders – local people, community groups, council members etc – aware of the progress, recommendations and decisions
- Inspections of the Sandwith Anhydrite mine workings
- Continuation of detailed design including a Definitive Feasibility Study
- 5 offshore boreholes
- Ongoing market studies and working with coal buyers
- Planning and environmental submission preparation
- Submit planning application – see the image below for an overview of the process
- Planning permission & environmental permit results